- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 2 - 4 people
- Preparation Time: 10min
- 1 cup Basmati Rice (can use parboiled brown/white rice, just be sure it doesn’t get sticky, grains need to stay loose)
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Eggs -- brown (can omit this item if you don't eat eggs)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cans White Albacore Tuna
- to taste Soya Sauce
- to taste S&P
- 1) Heat oil in large pan and caramelize the diced onion and scramble both eggs
- 2) Before the onion is fully cooked add half the rice and both cans of tuna.
- 3) Fold it all together then add the rest of the rice
- 4) Add soya sauce and S&P and fold it all together so that it is evenly mixed.
- 5) Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3-5min
- 6) Serve immediately & enjoy!
NotesI invented this recipe when I was in my early 20’s. It’s inexpensive, high in protein, and low in fat (just don’t ask about the sodium.lol). When your cupboards are looking bare this dish can quickly be whipped up with just the staples.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More