- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 c a-p flour
- 2 c sugar
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 2 c cold water
- 1 c corn oil
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 1/2 c SS choc chips
- 1/2 c + 2 T butter
- 5 c powdered sugar
- 8 T mimlk
- 1 1/4 t vanilla
- 3/4 c plus 3 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 3 (9") cake pans.
- Sift flour and next 4 ingredients into med bowl. Mix 2 c cold water, oil, and vanilla in large bowl. Whisk in flour mix.
- Divide batter equally among pans. Sprinkle 1/2 c choc chips over batter in each pan.
- Bake cakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Cut around pan sides to loosen. Turn cakes out onto racks; cool completely.
- Frosting: Beat butter in L bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in 3 c sugar. Beat in 6 T milk and vanilla.
- Add cocoa and remaining 2 C sugar; beat until blended, thinning with more milk if necessary.
- Place 1 cake layer, chocolate chips side up, on platter. Spread 2/3 c frosting over.
- Top w/second cake layer, choc chips side up. Spread 2/3 c frosting over.
- Top with last layer, choc chips side down. Spread remaining frosting over sides and top of cake.
Food Travels Through Italy
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More