- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 c a-p flour
- 2 c sugar
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 2 c cold water
- 1 c corn oil
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 1/2 c SS choc chips
- 1/2 c + 2 T butter
- 5 c powdered sugar
- 8 T mimlk
- 1 1/4 t vanilla
- 3/4 c plus 3 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 3 (9") cake pans.
- Sift flour and next 4 ingredients into med bowl. Mix 2 c cold water, oil, and vanilla in large bowl. Whisk in flour mix.
- Divide batter equally among pans. Sprinkle 1/2 c choc chips over batter in each pan.
- Bake cakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Cut around pan sides to loosen. Turn cakes out onto racks; cool completely.
- Frosting: Beat butter in L bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in 3 c sugar. Beat in 6 T milk and vanilla.
- Add cocoa and remaining 2 C sugar; beat until blended, thinning with more milk if necessary.
- Place 1 cake layer, chocolate chips side up, on platter. Spread 2/3 c frosting over.
- Top w/second cake layer, choc chips side up. Spread 2/3 c frosting over.
- Top with last layer, choc chips side down. Spread remaining frosting over sides and top of cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Get Fit With Good Food!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More