- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 2 egg white
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (105 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a rimmed baking pan.
- Combine the egg white and water in a mixing bowl; beat until fluffy. Fold in the pecans to coat evenly.
- Combine the sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon in a shaker or cup with a lid. Dust the pecans evenly with the sugar mixture.
- Spread the nuts over the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until toasted and fragrant, stirring every 15 minutes, about 1 hour.
- Cool on pan, and store in an airtight container.
NotesWe have pecan trees, if we are lucky the squirrels don't get them all. This is what I do with my share, great mixed with popcorn for a snack while watching a movie.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
MidLife Road Trip's
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More