- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-lb of sausage (hot or mild, ground)
- 3/4-cup of flour
- 2-tablespoons of butter
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 1-teaspoon of sage
- salt and pepper to taste.
- *Fry sausage in a large skillet until brown
- *Add flour to sausage and in skillet and mix together until browned
- *On medium high, add milk. Stir mixture often to keep from burning
- *Add sage, salt, and pepper
- As gravy comes to a boil, it will thicken... if it is too thick, add 1/4 cup more of milk.
- *Reduce heat after bringing to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
NotesAnother great gravy to serve over biscuits, mashed potatoes, fried chicken or other down home cooked meal.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More