- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-lb of sausage (hot or mild, ground)
- 3/4-cup of flour
- 2-tablespoons of butter
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 1-teaspoon of sage
- salt and pepper to taste.
- *Fry sausage in a large skillet until brown
- *Add flour to sausage and in skillet and mix together until browned
- *On medium high, add milk. Stir mixture often to keep from burning
- *Add sage, salt, and pepper
- As gravy comes to a boil, it will thicken... if it is too thick, add 1/4 cup more of milk.
- *Reduce heat after bringing to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
NotesAnother great gravy to serve over biscuits, mashed potatoes, fried chicken or other down home cooked meal.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Food Travels Through Italy
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More