- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups potato water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 4 yeast cakes
- 12 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup currants
- 1 cup golden sultanas
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Dissolve the yeast cakes in lukewarm water.
- In a large stainless bowl mix all the ingredients into a soft dough.
- Let sit in warm place, till it raises double in size.
- Drop dough by spoonful in hot oil in a deep fryer, fry until golden.
- Very important that you don't overcrowed the olie bollen.
- Drain oliebollen on a large platter covered with paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Smaaklijk Eten!
NotesHappy New Year everyone! Olie Bollen are traditionally eaten on New Year's Eve in the Netherlands, but you don't have to wait until than to make them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More