OLIEBOLLE MET SUURMELK (SOURMILK DOUGHNUTS)
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 30 to 35
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbl Melted lard or butter
- 1 cup Sour milk, or buttermilk
- 1 tsp Grated nutmeg
- 4 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Cream of tartar
- 1 tsp Salt
- Beat the eggs and sugar together.
- Beat in the lard and then the sour milk or buttermilk.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Add to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Roll the dough out on a floured board to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Cut into rings with a doughnut cutter.
- Let the rings rest for 10 to 15 minutes before cooking them.
- Fry in deep hot oil until brown on both sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels then roll in sugar or a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More