- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 1 1/2 cups
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 8 ounces fromage blanc or fresh ricotta
- 1 tablespoon drained non pareil capers, chopped.
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pitted black olives, such as Kalamata
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon choped flat leaf parsley
- Put the cheese in a medium bowl; stir in capers and onion until blended. Fold in the olives, olive oil and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Up to this point, the spread can be refrigerated for up to four days. Bring to room temperature. Before serving, sprinkle with parsley and drizzle with oil.
- Serve with Chateauneuf-du-Pape or Pinot Noir
NotesYou can use this savory spread on bread or as a dip for crudites. Fromage blanc is a moist, fresh cheese. If you have difficulty finding it, try Bellwether Farms (bellwethercheese.com) or substitute fresh ricotta.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More