- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pastry for a 1-crust pie
- Blend cornstarch, salt, and sugar.
- Add to fruit and mix.
- Place filling in deep 8-inch pie pan, heaping center of filling slightly above top of pan so that it will support pastry.
- Dot with butter.
- Moisten rim of pan.
- Roll pastry, cut several gashes in it, and place over filling. Trim edge -- leaving 1/2-inch margin beyond edge of pan.
- Turn margin over and flute edge of crust, pressing firmly to pan. Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake in hot oven (425 degrees F) until crust is browned and rhubarb tender (about 30 minutes)
NotesThis is the Pie of the Day at the Pie Hole.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More