- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pastry for a 1-crust pie
- Blend cornstarch, salt, and sugar.
- Add to fruit and mix.
- Place filling in deep 8-inch pie pan, heaping center of filling slightly above top of pan so that it will support pastry.
- Dot with butter.
- Moisten rim of pan.
- Roll pastry, cut several gashes in it, and place over filling. Trim edge -- leaving 1/2-inch margin beyond edge of pan.
- Turn margin over and flute edge of crust, pressing firmly to pan. Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake in hot oven (425 degrees F) until crust is browned and rhubarb tender (about 30 minutes)
NotesThis is the Pie of the Day at the Pie Hole.