- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- White Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/3 cup milk, hot
- Scampi Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white sauce
- Remaining Ingredients
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- bell peppers, thinly sliced
- red onions, thinly sliced
- 10 cloves garlic, roasted, see below
- 1/2 package angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- Make the White Sauce first:
- Melt butter in sauce pan, add flour, and cook for 2 minutes on med. heat.
- Heat stirring constantly.
- Slowly add hot milk (hot so it won't get lumpy). Set aside. (Make sure that the white sauce is hot when adding to the scampi sauce).
- Next, make the Scampi Sauce:
- Heat butter over low heat. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes on low heat. Add the wine and chicken broth. Stir until combined (about 30-40 minutes). Add 1/4 cup white sauce and cook until slightly thickened.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in a little olive oil until nearly done. Add the peppers and onions. Saute until chicken is done. Add Scampi Sauce. Saute until everything is warmed. Add roasted garlic cloves. Serve over pasta.
- For Roasted Garlic: Separate head of garlic into individual cloves still in 'paper'. Toss in olive oil and wrap tightly in aluminum foil or a small pint sized dish with a lid. Bake in 350* oven for 45 minutes. When the garlic has cooled to the touch you should be able to squeeze it out of the 'paper' shell of the individual cloves.
- My modifications:
- I dont roast the garlic, but just add my own garlic to the pan with the butter.
- I use the frozen tri-peppers from Trader Joes - a real time saver
- I season my chicken w/garlic powder and some salt, then dredge my chicken in a little flour before frying
NotesHere's one of my fave dishes that is probably better made at home than ordering at the restaurant!
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Apple Pie Drink
Mayo Mexican Dip
Sweet Potato BruschettaSee More