OLIVE GARDEN'S SAN REMO DIP
Olive Garden's San Remo Dip
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 ounces shrimp, canned, reserve liquid
- 6 ounces crab meat, canned, reserve liquid
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish (I added more)
- 1/3 cup Asiago Cheese, grated (ditto)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated (ditto ditto)
- 1/2 cup half and half, up to 3/4 cup
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce, Barilla, drained to remove excess liquid
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, fresh, finely shredded for topping
In a two quart sauce pan on medium low temperature, heat olive oil and blend in flour.
Add to flour liquids that were reserve from the shrimp and crab, stir well.
To sauce, add cubed cream cheese, salt, crushed garlic, horseradish, and stir until smooth.
Add Asiago and Parmesan cheeses and stir until smooth.
When the cheese have been melted and sauce is smooth add shrimp and crab, blend well.
Let simmer until heated through.
Finally add half and half a little at a time until the seafood sauce starts to simmer and begins to resemble warm pudding.
Let sauce simmer for 12 - 15 minutes. Stir sauce so it will not scorch on bottom.
In a shallow baking dish 9" diameter, spray with non-stick spray and place drained marinara sauce and carefully spoon seafood sauce on top.
Sprinkle with freshly shredded Parmesan cheese and place in a preheated oven at 325, for 10 - 15 minutes, until heated through.
Dip should not brown on top.
Serve with bread.