- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 ounces shrimp, canned, reserve liquid
- 6 ounces crab meat, canned, reserve liquid
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish (I added more)
- 1/3 cup Asiago Cheese, grated (ditto)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated (ditto ditto)
- 1/2 cup half and half, up to 3/4 cup
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce, Barilla, drained to remove excess liquid
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, fresh, finely shredded for topping
- In a two quart sauce pan on medium low temperature, heat olive oil and blend in flour.
- Add to flour liquids that were reserve from the shrimp and crab, stir well.
- To sauce, add cubed cream cheese, salt, crushed garlic, horseradish, and stir until smooth.
- Add Asiago and Parmesan cheeses and stir until smooth.
- When the cheese have been melted and sauce is smooth add shrimp and crab, blend well.
- Let simmer until heated through.
- Finally add half and half a little at a time until the seafood sauce starts to simmer and begins to resemble warm pudding.
- Let sauce simmer for 12 - 15 minutes. Stir sauce so it will not scorch on bottom.
- In a shallow baking dish 9" diameter, spray with non-stick spray and place drained marinara sauce and carefully spoon seafood sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with freshly shredded Parmesan cheese and place in a preheated oven at 325, for 10 - 15 minutes, until heated through.
- Dip should not brown on top.
- Serve with bread.
NotesIt's hard to go wrong with crab, shrimp, cheese & marinara sauce. Much to the dismay of my family, the Olive Garden has discontinued their beloved San Remo Dip. My mom and I did our best to replicate it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
The Blue Family Favorites<3See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More