- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI had this "healthier" option at The Olive Garden and thought it would be super easy to make at home. I found a recipe and you know what? Just as good as in the restaurant!
- 4 (6 to 7 ounces each) chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- 1. For sauce, in a sauce pan over medium-high heat, add chicken stock and apricot preserves. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring just to a boil and remove from heat; set aside.
- 2. Preheat barbecue grill (spray grill with vegetable-oil cooking spray). Place chicken onto hot grill. Cover barbecue with lid, open any vents, and cook 20 to 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (juices will run clear when cut with the tip of a knife); turning once. Remove from grill and place on a large serving platter or individual serving plates.
- 3. Top chicken breasts with Apricot Sauce and garnish with chopped parsley.