- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minuters
- •4 egg whites
- •1/2 cup sugar
- •2 cups milk
- •1 cup water
- •6 tbsp. sugar
- •2 tbsp. flour
- •2 egg yolks, beaten
- •1 tsp. vanilla
- 1.Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the 1/2 cup sugar gradually and continue beating until very stiff.
- 2.Combine 2 cups milk, water and 6 Tablespoons sugar in a large shallow pan and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- 3.With 2 spoons, form “snow balls” out of the egg white mixture. Add to the barely simmering milk and poach 1 to 2 minutes. Turn the “snow balls” and cook another minute.
- 4.Remove them with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Add 1/4 cup of the hot milk to the flour and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- 5.Stir in 1/4 cup more milk and add the mixture to the egg yolks, beating constantly. Add the egg yolk mixture to the remaining milk and cook, stirring constantly until the custard thickens.
- 6.Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Let the custard cool and spoon into individual dishes. Float the “snow balls” on top of the custard and serve.
NotesComing from a german family. This was one of my favorite desserts. IT is so good and comfort food all the way. You can make this in chocolate as well. Using chopped chocolate or cocoa.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More