OMELET CON POLLO
Omelet con Pollo
- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 large eggs*
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil 1/2 cup diced, canned tomatoes with jalapeños (or with green chiles), drained, divided
- 1 can (5 oz.) of chicken in water, drained or 1/2 cup chopped leftover cooked chicken breast**
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- *If you need to restrict cholesterol, use 3/4 cup egg substitute, or use some egg whites in place of a whole egg(s).
- **Brown the chicken ahead of time in a little olive oil for extra flavor.
Combine eggs, water and pepper in a small bowl; whisk gently to blend the whites and yolks, but not to make them frothy. Melt the olive oil in a 10-inch, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, tilting to coat the bottom and sides. Once the oil is hot, pour the eggs in. As eggs start to set, lift the edges so the uncooked egg mixture flows underneath. Cook until the eggs are set and no visible liquid egg remains, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Top half the omelet with 1/3 cup tomatoes, chicken and cheese; sprinkle with cilantro and oregano. Flip the unfilled half of the omelet over the top. Heat until lightly browned on the bottom, then slide onto a plate to serve. Top with remaining tomatoes and avocado slices. Garnish with cilantro.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 370; Total fat 25g; Saturated fat 7g; Cholesterol 360mg; Sodium 790mg; Carbohydrate 11g; Fiber 5g; Protein 27g