- Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
- Servings: 2 loaves
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 c. Light brown sugar
- 1/4 c. Dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c. White sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 c. Greek plain yogurt room temp
- 1/4 c. Sour cream room temp
- 4 medium organic bananas
- 2 eggs large room temp
- 1 3/4 c. Cake flour
- 1/2 c. Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tb. Vanilla extract (can use black walnut extract if using nuts)
- For topping: can use walnuts, I "candy" them, directions in next category
- Candied walnuts: add 2 tb honey, 1 tb butter, 1 tsp vanilla or black walnut extract, 2 tb brown sugar to at least one cup of nuts, you can use crushed macadamias instead, toss to coat, spread evenly on baking sheet, lined with foil, as this will be tuff to scrape off your pan, toast for 8-10 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- Cream butter & sugars. Add extract &eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl frequently. Mash bananas in separate bowl, add to sugar mix. In a separate bowl, whisk flours, baking soda, powder, cinnamon, salt. Add yogurt & sour cream to butter mix, beat on low, add flour mix in three additions, scraping sides down each addition. Pour into greased & floured bread pans, should make two. Crumble walnuts on top if desired. Put in 350 degree oven, bake for 30-40 minutes. Check time often, with a toothpick until it comes out dry.
NotesWas trying a recipe on food network, but wanted to make it my own, So I added some whole wheat, and a few other things and made this yesterday. Turned out awesome, just finished another slice not too long ago.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More