- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Heat butter, molasses, sugar, and salt in a saucepan anda stir over low heat, or, in a bowl in the microwave, stirring until the butter melts and the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Remove from heat and stir in the spices. transfer mixture to large mixing bowl. in separate bowl,
- Whisk together the flour and baking soda. beat half the flour mixture into the melted butter mixture, then beat in the egg.
- Stir in remaining flour.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or til firm. Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheets with parchment. shape into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll balls in granulated or coarse sugar to coat.
- Bake 13 minutes; they will still look soft and won't have changed color much.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes on pan before removing to racks to cool.
- 1 c butter
- 1/3 c molasses (4 oz)
- 2 1/4 cups sugar (15 3/4 oz)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 c all-purpose flour (12 3/4 oz)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
NotesThese are so so so good!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Raw Carrot Beet Ginger Salad
Honeydew Lime Soup
Deviled PotatoesSee More