- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Heat butter, molasses, sugar, and salt in a saucepan anda stir over low heat, or, in a bowl in the microwave, stirring until the butter melts and the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Remove from heat and stir in the spices. transfer mixture to large mixing bowl. in separate bowl,
- Whisk together the flour and baking soda. beat half the flour mixture into the melted butter mixture, then beat in the egg.
- Stir in remaining flour.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or til firm. Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheets with parchment. shape into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll balls in granulated or coarse sugar to coat.
- Bake 13 minutes; they will still look soft and won't have changed color much.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes on pan before removing to racks to cool.
- 1 c butter
- 1/3 c molasses (4 oz)
- 2 1/4 cups sugar (15 3/4 oz)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 c all-purpose flour (12 3/4 oz)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
NotesThese are so so so good!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More