- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flake
- 1/4 tsp chipotle, adobo, or ancho chili powder
- juice of 1 lime
- 6-8 flour tortillas (soft taco size)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 cups cheddar jack (or cheese of your choice)
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Whisk together chili powders, fresh cilantro, olive oil, salt, cumin, red pepper flake, and lime juice. Completely coat chicken and transfer to grill. Cook until done (until juices run clear or confirm the temperature with a meat thermometer).
- Remove from heat, allow to rest 10 minutes and shred or dice the meat.
- Lay a tortilla flat on your work surface. Add a handful 1/8-1/4 cup) of chicken to one half of the tortilla, and top with diced avocado and shredded cheese. Fold over and press lightly. Repeat until filling is gone.
- Transfer quesadillas to the grill and cook until grill marks appear and the cheese has melted.
NotesA fabulous wet rub and flame-kissed tortillas adds an awesome twist to an otherwise boring dish.
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More