- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar (or more, depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, room temperature (no substitutions)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- BUTTER SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan or a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl combine all cake ingredients; beat on low speed until moistened, then beat for another 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- For the butter sauce; in a saucepan, over low heat combine all sauce ingredients; cook just until the butter melts, stirring occasionally (do not boil).
- When cake is done remove from oven and pierce all over cake with a large fork or a long thin straw; pour the sauce all over the warm cake.
- Let stand 5 minutes, or until sauce is absorbed.
NotesA definite keeper and easy to make.
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More