- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar (or more, depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, room temperature (no substitutions)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- BUTTER SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan or a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl combine all cake ingredients; beat on low speed until moistened, then beat for another 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- For the butter sauce; in a saucepan, over low heat combine all sauce ingredients; cook just until the butter melts, stirring occasionally (do not boil).
- When cake is done remove from oven and pierce all over cake with a large fork or a long thin straw; pour the sauce all over the warm cake.
- Let stand 5 minutes, or until sauce is absorbed.
NotesA definite keeper and easy to make.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
The Social CookbookSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More