- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Jar of salsa - your favortie brand just keep the whole jar under 100 calories
- One can of black beans rinsed -
- Half of one 12oz. bag of frozen corn - save rest for another meal
- One bag of Spinach
- 4- 4oz tilapia filets or other lean white fish
- Sprinkle of paprika
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Cooking spray
- Empty the salsa, rinsed beans and corn into a cooking skillet that has been prepped with cooking spray or lightly wipes with Olive Oil.
- Mix with a spoon and layer the entire bag of spinach over the salsa, bean and corn mixture.
- Now lay the fish filets on top of the spinach and sprinkle with Paprika, salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat to medium high and cover with secure lid for ten minutes. Do not check on the meal... it will steam up the fish this way.
- Open pan and serve fish over bottom ingredients. Serves 4
- Easy lots of fiber, protein and under 500 calorie per serving.
NotesI created it after learning a variation from a chef in New York working with 360 cookware demonstration while taping on Better TV. This easy, did I say EASY, recipe has a few ingredients, one pan, takes ten minutes and feeds a family of 4 for under $10 a high fiber, protein, and vitamin packed dinner. If you need exercise to go with your meal stop at my site www.andreametcalf.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More