- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops; trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; sauté 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove pork from pan. Add onion and mushrooms to pan; sauté for 3 minutes. Carefully add whiskey to pan; cook for 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates. Stir sour cream mixture into pan. Return pork to pan; spoon sauce over pork.
- Wrap handle of skillet with foil. Cover and bake at 300° for 1 hour. Serve immediately.
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More