ONE POT BAKED ZITI
One Pot Baked Ziti
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Preparation Time: 2-3 minutes
- 1 lb ziti
- 3 cloves of minced garlic (or more)
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 1/2 cups of water (a 28 oz can holds this much)
- 1/2 - 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 - 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- mozzarella and lots of it
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
Preheat the oven to 475.
Brown the onion in a large, ovensafe pot.
Add the garlic and cook till fragrant.
Add the tomatoes and seasonings and give it a good stir.
Add the water and pasta and stir again.
Bring just to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring frequently, till ziti is cooked al-dente.
Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper if it needs more.
Cover with cheese and bake till the cheese is brown and crispy, 10-12 minutes.