- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 lbs ground lean meat; turkey, chicken, beef
- 1 small onion, diced or 2 TBSP dried minced onions
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 14.5oz
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1½ tsp yellow mustard
- 1 box elbow macaroni, 16oz
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, separated
- parsley for garnish
- Combine ground meat, onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large pot and cook on medium-high heat. Drain any excess fat with a spoon.
- To the pot, add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato sauce, water, ketchup, mustard, and macaroni. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in one cup of shredded cheese.
- Garnish with the remainder ½ cup cheese and parsley.
- Notes: All the liquid will be absorbed during cooking. Simple, huh?
NotesThis is a one-pot casserole recipe that taste like a cheeseburger and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. I love easy and quick meals and cheeseburgers, so why not combine the two to make a recipe the whole family will enjoy?
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More