One Pot Chicken Dish over Cheesy Rice
* 6 bacon slices, roughly chopped
* 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
* 1 teaspoon Essence, recipe follows
* 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
* 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 2 teaspoons minced garlic
* 8 ounces button mushrooms, wiped clean and thinly sliced
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
* 1 cup chicken stock, or canned low-sodium chicken broth
* 1/4 cup minced green onions
* Cheesy Rice Pilaf, recipe follows
* 2 tablespoons minced parsley, garnish
In an electric skillet or a large heavy skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Season the chicken with the Essence, and add to the fat in the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Melt the butter in the pan. Add the onions, and pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and thyme, and cook until the mushrooms give off their liquid, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil, stirring to deglaze the pan. Add the chicken, lower the heat, and simmer until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the bacon and green onions, and stir well. Remove from the heat and serve over the Cheesy Rice Pilaf, and garnish with the parsley.