- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook another minute or so.
- Stir in the ground beef and cook about 5 minutes. Add the beans and tomatoes, and bring to a simmer. Stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While the chili cooks, prepare the cornbread as directed on the package and spread the batter evenly over the chile. Bake until the cornbread is cooked through and lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More