- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes, liquid reserved
- 3/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 (8 oz.) package spaghetti, broken
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a skillet, brown meat and onions over high heat; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes with liquid and all remaining ingredients except cheese; heat mixture to boiling, cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, until spaghetti is tender, about 30 minutes (if necessary, add additional water during cooking).
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and heat only until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
NotesThis lovely spaghetti recipe comes from the January/February issue of 'Country Woman' magazine, and was submitted by Joan Koehn of leland, Mississippi.