- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes, liquid reserved
- 3/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 (8 oz.) package spaghetti, broken
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a skillet, brown meat and onions over high heat; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes with liquid and all remaining ingredients except cheese; heat mixture to boiling, cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, until spaghetti is tender, about 30 minutes (if necessary, add additional water during cooking).
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and heat only until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
NotesThis lovely spaghetti recipe comes from the January/February issue of 'Country Woman' magazine, and was submitted by Joan Koehn of leland, Mississippi.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More