- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes, liquid reserved
- 3/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 (8 oz.) package spaghetti, broken
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a skillet, brown meat and onions over high heat; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes with liquid and all remaining ingredients except cheese; heat mixture to boiling, cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, until spaghetti is tender, about 30 minutes (if necessary, add additional water during cooking).
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and heat only until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
NotesThis lovely spaghetti recipe comes from the January/February issue of 'Country Woman' magazine, and was submitted by Joan Koehn of leland, Mississippi.
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
The One Dollar Cookbook
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More