- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI know there are a million recipes for Tiramisu out there, but this is one that I improvised, which uses no eggs and no alcohol. It has the same rich creaminess of others, without the concerns associated with raw eggs. If you wish to use alcohol, you may add rum or Kahlua or any other favorite liqueur to the espresso.
- 2 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cups prepared unsweetened espresso (or strong coffee)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces Savoiardi (crisp ladyfingers)
- Unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a chilled bowl with chilled beaters, whip the cream until it just holds firm peaks.
- In a separate bowl, whip the mascarpone until smooth.
- Add the confectioner's sugar, 3-4 tablespoons of espresso (if desired), and the vanilla to the mascarpone.
- In two or three additions, fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture, being careful not to overbeat.
- Make one layer of Savoiardi in the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch serving dish.
- Brush generously with espresso.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture onto the savoiardi.
- Top with a second layer of Savoiardi and brush again with espresso.
- Set aside any unused savoiardi for another use.
- Spread the remaining mascarpone mixture over the top layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably 8 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, dust cocoa over the tiramisu.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More