- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWell, not pizza - at least, don't call it pizza to anyone who is phobic about pizza not having tomato sauce and pepperoni!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 2 larges onions sliced
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces brie cheese with rind removed
- Make dough.
- Bloom yeast briefly in warm water.
- Add sugar, salt and flour. Mix.
- Dough will be sticky.
- Allow to rise till nearly doubled.
- While dough is rising, caramelize sliced onions in butter on low heat.
- Add garlic toward end so it does not burn.
- Let cool a bit.
- Slice brie thinly.
- Pat out dough on a lightly floured pizza pan or cookie sheet to 10-12 inches in diameter.
- Cover with caramelized onions, top with brie. Cook at 400°F for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.