- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 quarts water
- 6 medium Onions - quartered, Do not peel
- 3 Carrots - tops off, do not peel
- 3 stalks Celery
- 3 cloves Garlic, do not peel
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3-4 sprigs Thyme
- 2-3 sprigs Rosemary
- 6 Mint leaves
- 1-2 Sages leaves
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1-2 small dried Chilis
- salt to taste
- For "Beef Broth" Add...
- 1 Lg. mug of strong coffee (not old - just strong) or 3 decaf coffee bags
- 2 Cups portabella mushrooms -rough chop
- Cook all together, except salt, till Onions are mushy. Check and add salt to taste. Strain broth and use as needed.
- For 'Beef' Broth...put 3 decaf coffee bags in a bowl, pour 12 oz. of boiling water over them and steep for 5 minutes...add coffee to water at start of cooking - and - Add 2 cups chopped portabella mushrooms.
NotesGood for soups, stocks, cooking liquid for veggies...very basic, endless uses.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Fun appetizers and snacks
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More