- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 quarts water
- 6 medium Onions - quartered, Do not peel
- 3 Carrots - tops off, do not peel
- 3 stalks Celery
- 3 cloves Garlic, do not peel
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3-4 sprigs Thyme
- 2-3 sprigs Rosemary
- 6 Mint leaves
- 1-2 Sages leaves
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1-2 small dried Chilis
- salt to taste
- For "Beef Broth" Add...
- 1 Lg. mug of strong coffee (not old - just strong) or 3 decaf coffee bags
- 2 Cups portabella mushrooms -rough chop
- Cook all together, except salt, till Onions are mushy. Check and add salt to taste. Strain broth and use as needed.
- For 'Beef' Broth...put 3 decaf coffee bags in a bowl, pour 12 oz. of boiling water over them and steep for 5 minutes...add coffee to water at start of cooking - and - Add 2 cups chopped portabella mushrooms.
NotesGood for soups, stocks, cooking liquid for veggies...very basic, endless uses.
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Growers' Giveback Potluck
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More