- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 quarts water
- 6 medium Onions - quartered, Do not peel
- 3 Carrots - tops off, do not peel
- 3 stalks Celery
- 3 cloves Garlic, do not peel
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3-4 sprigs Thyme
- 2-3 sprigs Rosemary
- 6 Mint leaves
- 1-2 Sages leaves
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1-2 small dried Chilis
- salt to taste
- For "Beef Broth" Add...
- 1 Lg. mug of strong coffee (not old - just strong) or 3 decaf coffee bags
- 2 Cups portabella mushrooms -rough chop
- Cook all together, except salt, till Onions are mushy. Check and add salt to taste. Strain broth and use as needed.
- For 'Beef' Broth...put 3 decaf coffee bags in a bowl, pour 12 oz. of boiling water over them and steep for 5 minutes...add coffee to water at start of cooking - and - Add 2 cups chopped portabella mushrooms.
NotesGood for soups, stocks, cooking liquid for veggies...very basic, endless uses.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce