- Cooking Time: 45 - 75 minutes
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 3 medium yellow onion, sliced into thin half-moons
- 1 cup sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- n a 4 quart nonreactive saucepan, combine the onions, vinegar, wine, water, sugar and thyme.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer slowly, stirring occasionally until the onions are very soft and the liquid has cooked down to a syrupy consistency. This will take somewhere between 45 minutes to 1 hr 15 mins.
- The onions should be soft onions and not swimming in syrup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- !f the acid level is too high add more sugar so that you have a sweet and sour flavor.
NotesThis is a great addition to burgers or grilled chicken sandwiches.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More