- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 4 to 6 slices of bacon
- 3 cups sliced onions
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk (I used 2% milk)
- Refrigerated unbaked pie crust for 10-inch pie (I used a 9-inch; worked just fine)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, any variety (I used shredded sharp Cheddar)
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Cut bacon slices into small pieces and fry until almost crispy; add onions and cook over medium heat until onions are wilted but not browned, about 10 minutes.
Combine eggs and milk (I whisked them together).
Mix bacon/onion mixture and milk/egg mixture; pour into unbaked pie shell; top with grated cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until filling is set (you can gently shake the pan back and forth and see if the center is firm).
Let cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.