- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 4 to 6 slices of bacon
- 3 cups sliced onions
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk (I used 2% milk)
- Refrigerated unbaked pie crust for 10-inch pie (I used a 9-inch; worked just fine)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, any variety (I used shredded sharp Cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut bacon slices into small pieces and fry until almost crispy; add onions and cook over medium heat until onions are wilted but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- Combine eggs and milk (I whisked them together).
- Mix bacon/onion mixture and milk/egg mixture; pour into unbaked pie shell; top with grated cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until filling is set (you can gently shake the pan back and forth and see if the center is firm).
- Let cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.
NotesI found this recipe in 'The Laura Ingalls Wilder Country Cookbook'. It's absolutely delicious! I'm sorry that I don't have a picture; my camera batteries died unexpectedly...but it turned out beautifully!