- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1. Peel and finely chop your onions.
- 2. Then, spread the onion pieces out on a tray and heat in a 150 degree oven or in a food dehydrator until dry.
- Tip: The onions are dry when you can easily crumble the chopped pieces in your hand.
- 3. Allow the onions to cool. Then, grind with a coffee grinder, spice mill, food processor or mortar and pestle until you reach your desired consistency.
- 4. Store your finished onion powder in an air-tight
NotesTired of forking over big bucks for a little jar of onion powder? Here's how to make it yourself and save:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More