- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large Vidalia onions -- sliced 1/2" thick
- 3 large eggs -- beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups white cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- Oil for cooking
- Cut onions into rings and place is a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes. Remove from water, shaking off any excess. In a small bowl, combine eggs and buttermilk and water. Mix thoroughly. Place rings into the flour and coat evenly. Place floured rings into egg wash and coat well. Remove from egg wash, and place into bread crumbs, coating evenly. Shake off excess.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Place onion rings in a fry basket, and fry in hot oil for three minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked. Remove from oil and drain well.
- In a small container, combine kosher salt, onion powder, garlic powder, coarse black pepper and celery salt. Mix thoroughly. Sprinkle salt mixture over hot onion rings. Serve immediately.
NotesWe were eating these long before others since Vidalia is in Georgia and they practiced on us.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Adventures in Cooking
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More