- Cooking Time: 60-75
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- One muskrat, cleaned and quartered
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 3 large onions
- 1 cup sour cream
- Soak muskrat overnight in buttermilk to soften meat and remove gamey flavor.
- Season with 1 tsp. Salt, pepper and paprika, roll in flour, and saute in bacon fat until browned.
- Cover muskrat with onions, sprinkle onions with 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Pour in the cream.
- Cover skillet tightly and simmer for 1 hour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
culinary karmaSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More