- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Onion Tart
- For the pastry:
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 tbs ice water
- 11 inch tart mold
- for the filling
- 2lbs onions
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup liquid cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Place flout and salt in a bowl. Add the oil in a slow stream, incorporating it into the flour. Do not over mix. Add the water one tbs at a time. As soon as the dough is manageable, cover and let stand for half an hour.
- Slice the onions finely Heat the olive oil in a large pan add the onions and saut� for 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Roll the dough out on a floured board, and place in a buttered mold trim the edges and prick the bottom with a fork. Place a sheet of waxed paper on top and cover with beans to weigh it down. Bake for 12 min at 400. Remove from oven, discard the beans and paper, and put back in the oven for 5 min more.
- Lower oven heat to 375
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs and cram and season generously with salt pepper, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add the onions, mix well and pour the mixture into the tart shell.
- Place in the oven, and bake for 30 min. Raise the heat to 400 and bake for another 10 min to brown the top. When slightly cool, remove from mold, slice and serve, This quiche can be eaten either hot or cold.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More