- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large onion, or more if needed to make 1 cup puree
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons coarse salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ cups California walnuts, chopped coarse
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and spray muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- Peel onion, cut in quarters and puree fine in food processor.
- Measure puree and increase or decrease the amount to make 1 cup.
- Beat together butter, eggs and sugar and add pureed onions.
- Stir in remaining ingredients in the order given and mix batter thoroughly.
- Fill muffin tins almost full.
- Bake muffins 20 minutes or until they are puffed and well browned.
- Serve warm.
- Yield: 20 muffins
NotesRecipe Courtesy of Chef Waldy Malouf of Beacon Restaurant, New York City
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Get Cookin'See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More