- Cooking Time: 30-35
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 POUND YELLOW ONIONS, THINLY SLICED
- 1 TEASPOON SALT, DIVIDED
- 1/4 TEASPOON GROUND PEPPER
- 2 TABLESPOONS BUTTER
- 3/4 CUP PLUS 2 TABLESPOONS ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 2 EGGS
- 3/4 CUP WATER
- 3/4 CUP MILK
- In a large skillet, saute the onions, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper in butter until tender but not browned.
- Divide among eight 6-oz ramekins or custard cups.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and remaining salt.
- Combine the eggs, water and milk, whisk into flour mixture just until blended.
- Fill each ramekin with 1/4 cup of batter.
- Bake at 400F for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Yield: 8 servings.
NotesThis recipe is from a current issue of TASTE OF HOME. I have not tried these yet, but since we're having prime rib for Christmas dinner, I think they'll make the perfect accompaniment