- Cooking Time: 30-35
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 POUND YELLOW ONIONS, THINLY SLICED
- 1 TEASPOON SALT, DIVIDED
- 1/4 TEASPOON GROUND PEPPER
- 2 TABLESPOONS BUTTER
- 3/4 CUP PLUS 2 TABLESPOONS ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 2 EGGS
- 3/4 CUP WATER
- 3/4 CUP MILK
- In a large skillet, saute the onions, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper in butter until tender but not browned.
- Divide among eight 6-oz ramekins or custard cups.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and remaining salt.
- Combine the eggs, water and milk, whisk into flour mixture just until blended.
- Fill each ramekin with 1/4 cup of batter.
- Bake at 400F for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Yield: 8 servings.
NotesThis recipe is from a current issue of TASTE OF HOME. I have not tried these yet, but since we're having prime rib for Christmas dinner, I think they'll make the perfect accompaniment
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
GAES PTO Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More