- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 kilo of potatoes, peeled
- 1 kilo of onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 150 grams of roquefort or other strong tasting blue cheese
- 150 grams of smoked bacon in cubes
- 25 grams of butter
- black pepper
- splash of milk
- 1 Cut the potatoes in pieces and boil them in water with a bit of salt
- 2 Melt the butter in the skillet and fry the bacon
- 3 When the bacon starts to become crunchy, add the onions and fry on a gentle heat
- 4 When the potatoes are done, get rid of the cooking water and crumble the blue chees over the potatoes
- 5 Add the black pepper and mash the potatoes
- 6 Add the bacon and onions with the fats from the skillet and mix well
- 7 Finish it of with some extra butter, cream or milk until it has the consistency you like.
NotesThis is my version of a recipe which was published in a regional newspaper in the Netherlands. I tried it exactly according to the instructions, but somehow it was far to sloppy to my taste, it almost looked like soup. But I liked the the ingredients, so find my version below. The dish serves 4, but a leftover of it makes a nice ovendish for the other day, simply buy adding a bit of grated cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More