- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 French roll, split
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/3 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- Spread roll halves with butter; sprinkle with garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, salt and pepper in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute beef and hot sauce in remaining oil until heated through. Spoon onto buns; top with pepper mixture and cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
NotesYou might need a fork to eat this filling sandwich. Hot pepper sauce and pepper Jack cheese add a kick to the tender roast beef and veggies.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More