- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Half of an Italian loaf or baguette
- 1 cup jarred marinara sauce, divided
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler and line a cookie sheet with foil.
- 2. Combine breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese in a large dish. Dip each chicken cutlet in the egg, then in the breadcrumb mixture. Cook in a small amount of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat until chicken is cooked through and breading is golden and crispy.
- 3. Slice the bread in half lengthwise to make two pieces. Scoop out the bread to remove the soft inner portion. Place the bread scooped side up on the broiler tray.
- 4. Spoon 1/4 cup of sauce into each piece of bread. Lay a piece of chicken on top and cover with 1 cup of spinach leaves. Pour another 1/4 cup of sauce over the spinach, then sprinkle each sandwich with 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon parmesan.
- 5. Broil until spinach is wilted and cheese is bubbly and browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.
NotesCassie Craves - adapted from edible ventures, who adapted it from So Easy, by Ellie Krieger
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More