- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Half of an Italian loaf or baguette
- 1 cup jarred marinara sauce, divided
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler and line a cookie sheet with foil.
- 2. Combine breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese in a large dish. Dip each chicken cutlet in the egg, then in the breadcrumb mixture. Cook in a small amount of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat until chicken is cooked through and breading is golden and crispy.
- 3. Slice the bread in half lengthwise to make two pieces. Scoop out the bread to remove the soft inner portion. Place the bread scooped side up on the broiler tray.
- 4. Spoon 1/4 cup of sauce into each piece of bread. Lay a piece of chicken on top and cover with 1 cup of spinach leaves. Pour another 1/4 cup of sauce over the spinach, then sprinkle each sandwich with 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon parmesan.
- 5. Broil until spinach is wilted and cheese is bubbly and browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.
NotesCassie Craves - adapted from edible ventures, who adapted it from So Easy, by Ellie Krieger
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More