- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOprah found a new favorite food when she tried this turkey burger at Mar-a-Lago, Donald Trump's private club in Palm Beach. "I believe [it] may be the best turkey burger in the entire world," she says. The Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burger will be permanently available at the Trump Bar and Grille in Trump Tower in New York City, open to the public for lunch and dinner. It will also be served during lunch in Chicago at Sixteen, the Trump International Hotel restaurant.
NOTE: The turkey burger picture posted on this recipe is NOT the Mar-A-Lago Turkey Buger.
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 4 pounds ground turkey breast
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. chipotle Tabasco™
- 1 lemon, juice and grated zest
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Major Grey's Chutney, pureed
- Sauté the scallions, celery and apples in the canola oil until tender. Let cool.
- Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed items and the remaining ingredients. Shape into eight 8-ounce burgers. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Season the turkey burgers with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill. Grill each side for 7 minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a side of Mar-a-Lago Pear Chutney and your favorite toasted bread, pita or hamburger roll.