- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. orange juice (I like to use fresh-squeezed juice; you can use prepared OJ)
- 1 tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (just a good shake or two!)
- 1 block extra-firm tofu (12-ounce package)
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. orange juice (fresh-squeezed or store-bought)
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. cornstarch or 2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables
- **If frozen stir-fry veggies are not available, you can use carrots, bell peppers, snap peas, water chestnuts, broccoli, and celery. If desired, you could also add baby corn and pineapple chunks. If you use fresh veggies, they will just need a little extra cooking time during the first step.**
- 1. Prepare marinade by combining all marinade ingredients in a bowl or gallon-sized plastic zipper bag. Squeeze excess liquid from the tofu using paper towels and cut tofu into small squares (about 1/2-inch by 1/2-inch). Gently toss tofu into marinade ingredients. Cover (or seal zipper bag) and marinade for 30 minutes; toss occasionally during the marinating process. After marinating, drain the tofu and discard the marinade.
- 2. Prepare sauce by combining 2 tbsp. honey, 2 tbsp. vinegar, 2 tbsp. orange juice, 1 tbsp. soy sauce, and 1 tsp. cornstarch in a small bowl.
- 3. Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. Preheat over medium-high heat (I have an electric wok that I preheat to 250 degrees. It works perfectly for this dish). Stir-fry the vegetables only for 3 minutes or until they are crisp-tender. Remove the veggies from the wok and add the tofu. Stir-fry the tofu for 3 minutes until lightly browned. Push the tofu from the center of the wok (do not remove it). Add the sauce to the center of the wok and cook until it is thickened and bubbly.
- 4. Return the cooked vegetables to the wok and stir all ingredients together until they are coated with the sauce. Cook and stir for about 1 minute until everything is heated through
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More