- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryRecipe notes, additions, and "how to" photos over at my blog:
- 3/4 c. self-rising flour
- 1/2 c. plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup orange juice, strained through a sieve to get rid of any pulp
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line one 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flours. Set aside. (If you are going to add baking powder and salt , do so now.)
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugar and zest gradually and beat until fluffy, about three minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the orange juice and vanilla. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not over beat. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure the ingredients are well blended.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about three-quarters full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes in the tins for 15 minutes. Remove from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More