- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can (30 oz.) LIBBY'S Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (16 oz.) frozen pound cake, thawed, cut into 20 slices
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier) or orange juice
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade or pineapple preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- COMBINE pumpkin pie mix, evaporated milk and sugar in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is hot but not boiling. Remove from heat. Beat egg yolks lightly in small bowl. Pour small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; stir. Stir yolk mixture into hot pumpkin mixture in saucepan. Return to heat; bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract. Cool to room temperature. Fold in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.
- LAY pound cake slices on work surface and drizzle with orange liqueur. Spread with marmalade.
- PLACE 1/3 pumpkin cream on bottom of 2 to 3-quart straight-sided glass serving bowl. Stand 8 to 10 slices upright in pumpkin cream along side of bowl, marmalade side facing in. Top pumpkin cream as follows: 1/4 cup almonds, 5 slices of cake, 1/3 of pumpkin cream, remaining cake slices, remaining pumpkin cream, remaining whipped topping. Top with remaining almonds. Cover and refrigerate overnight to blend flavors.
- Serves 12
NotesThis layered dessert inspired by an English classic is a medley of pound cake, creamy pumpkin filling and orange marmalade.
This is from LIBBY'S Pumpkin
Cooking for a Cure
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY COOKIES
Tomato & Sweet Pepper SalsaSee More