- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (12 oz.) package of vanilla wafers
- 4 cups sifted confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (6 oz.) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Crush vanilla wafers to make fine crumbs.
- (I put mine in batches into a 1 gallon, ziplock freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin.)
- Add sugar, butter,orange juice concentrate and pecans and mix well.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll balls in coconut.
- Chill until firm.
- I keep these refrigerated.
NotesThis one is for my Mom. She is a big fan of this homemade candy. She lost her recipe, and I went in search of a substitute. She no longer cooks, so, I try to make this for her for our get-togethers. I found this version on AllRecipes. :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More