- Cooking Time: 1 1/2 hours
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Reynold's oven bag, large size
- 1 T. flour
- 5 to 7 lbs. whole roasting chicken
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 large orange, thinly sliced, divide
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 35 degrees
- Shake flour in oven bag: place in 13 x9 x 2 inch baking dish
- Loosen skin of chicken over breast area by slipping your fingers or a knife under the skin. Place basil leaves and 4 orange slices under the skin. Divide onion slices and remaining orange slices between the cavity of chicken and bottom of oven bag. Tuck the wings under the chicken and tie legs together. Brush chicken with vegetable oil; sprinkle with pepper. Place chicken in oven bag on top of onion and orange slices.
- Close oven bag withnylon tie; cut 6 1/2 inch slits in top.
- Bake 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is tender.
NotesThis is a Reynold's oven bag recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Lau Family Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More