- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 2 cups sugar
- zest of 3 oranges
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans - chopped
- Put milk in a heavy-bottomed pan on low heat.
- Stir occasionally until milk is just hot with steam and small bubbles appear around the edges. DO NOT BOIL.
- While Milk is heating, melt 1 cup sugar in a dutch oven or other large heavy pot.
- When the sugar has melted and achieved a nice pale golden color, add the hot milk all at once - STIR - It will boil up quickly.
- Continue stirring while you add 2 cups of sugar - stir until dissolved.
- Cook until it forms an almost hard ball (238F).
- Just before it is done add grated orange rind, salt, butter and pecans.
- Beat until creamy, drop by spoonfuls on parchment paper or pour onto a buttered platter to cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More