- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 2 cups sugar
- zest of 3 oranges
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans - chopped
- Put milk in a heavy-bottomed pan on low heat.
- Stir occasionally until milk is just hot with steam and small bubbles appear around the edges. DO NOT BOIL.
- While Milk is heating, melt 1 cup sugar in a dutch oven or other large heavy pot.
- When the sugar has melted and achieved a nice pale golden color, add the hot milk all at once - STIR - It will boil up quickly.
- Continue stirring while you add 2 cups of sugar - stir until dissolved.
- Cook until it forms an almost hard ball (238F).
- Just before it is done add grated orange rind, salt, butter and pecans.
- Beat until creamy, drop by spoonfuls on parchment paper or pour onto a buttered platter to cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More