ORANGE CARDAMOM BISCOTTI
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 7 ounces white sugar
- 4 3/4 ounces vegetable oil
- zest from one large orange
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 13 1/2 ounces unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Whip sugar and vegetable oil until very well combined.
- Gradually add eggs, vanilla and orange zest, beating well after each addition. Mixture will thicken and become very smooth.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then stir into egg mixture.
- Mix well, but not excessively.
- Divide dough in half.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- With wet hands, form each half into a log, about 2" shorter than the length of your pan and 2 1/2" wide.
- Bake until well golden, about 25-30 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 250ºF.
- Cool logs until you can comfortably handle them.
- Slice on a bias, about 1.5" wide.
- Lay cut-side up on a baking pan and bake again for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, turn oven off and leave cookies inside to cool.
NotesNot exactly a traditional biscotti - but tremendously tasty in your morning (and afternoon, and evening) coffee.
Download the .pdf.
See more recipes, stories, reviews and more at food. according to me.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Foodie BabySee More
Chicken LinguineSee More