- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 7 ounces white sugar
- 4 3/4 ounces vegetable oil
- zest from one large orange
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 13 1/2 ounces unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Whip sugar and vegetable oil until very well combined.
- Gradually add eggs, vanilla and orange zest, beating well after each addition. Mixture will thicken and become very smooth.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then stir into egg mixture.
- Mix well, but not excessively.
- Divide dough in half.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- With wet hands, form each half into a log, about 2" shorter than the length of your pan and 2 1/2" wide.
- Bake until well golden, about 25-30 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 250ºF.
- Cool logs until you can comfortably handle them.
- Slice on a bias, about 1.5" wide.
- Lay cut-side up on a baking pan and bake again for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, turn oven off and leave cookies inside to cool.
NotesNot exactly a traditional biscotti - but tremendously tasty in your morning (and afternoon, and evening) coffee.
Download the .pdf.
See more recipes, stories, reviews and more at food. according to me.