- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 25
BackstoryThis inventive combination of two classic desserts is an elegant last course.
This creamy dessert from Taste of Home's Test Kitchen will make your mouth water. It's especially pleasant after a rich meal.
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Yellow and red liquid food coloring, optional
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Chocolate hearts, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the orange marmalade and juice; cook and stir over medium heat until melted and blended.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Gradually stir into marmalade mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in extract.
- Cool completely.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Tint orange with yellow and red coloring if desired.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream; mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Cut a large hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; fill half full with cream cheese mixture.
- Press bag slightly to flatten.
- Cut a small hole in another bag; insert star tip No. 21.
- Place filled bag in empty bag; fill empty bag with orange mixture.
- Pipe in a swirled design in parfait glasses; chill.
- Garnish with chocolate hearts if desired.