Orange Chicken Stir Fry
· 1/2 lb. chicken strips or 2 boneless breasts cut up
· 1 Tablespoon olive oil
· 1 cup frozen stir fry vegetables*
· 1/2 cup water
· 1/4 cup DaVinci orange syrup or diet orange soda
· 1 teaspoon guar gum powder
· 1/8 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
· 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
In medium skillet, sauté chicken in olive oil over medium high heat for a few minutes until almost done. Add vegetables and fry for another two minutes. Mix all remaining ingredients together well in a glass and be sure to get the guar gum well dissolved, no lumps. Reduce heat to medium, add sauce mix, and cover for about 5 minutes. Sauce should be thickened to a nice glaze when done.
Serves 2. 3 carbs per serving.
Pairs Well With
* Vegetables can be pre-made stir-fry veggie mixes so long as there are no added sauces or sugars in them. Otherwise, use your own favorite mix of onion, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, Chinese veggies, etc.