- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 crushed large garlic clove
- 1 heaped teaspoon of fresh grated ginger root
- 1/4 tsp of allspice
- 1 tbsp of grated orange peel
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp white pepper (you can use regular black pepper, if you want)
- 3 pound chicken, whole
- Put all ingredients in a pot, then place whole chicken in pot, breast side down.
- Put cover on and simmer until done - About 45 minutes.
- Let chicken cool slightly in pot.
- Take chicken out and place breast up on platter.
- Cool the left over gravy, skim off fat.
- If gravy needs to be thickened, add a little flour, stir.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
- This is a cold chicken dish.
- The gravy is served hot.
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Decadent Desserts Made From
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More