- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 crushed large garlic clove
- 1 heaped teaspoon of fresh grated ginger root
- 1/4 tsp of allspice
- 1 tbsp of grated orange peel
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp white pepper (you can use regular black pepper, if you want)
- 3 pound chicken, whole
- Put all ingredients in a pot, then place whole chicken in pot, breast side down.
- Put cover on and simmer until done - About 45 minutes.
- Let chicken cool slightly in pot.
- Take chicken out and place breast up on platter.
- Cool the left over gravy, skim off fat.
- If gravy needs to be thickened, add a little flour, stir.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
- This is a cold chicken dish.
- The gravy is served hot.
Elisabeth Wedding Fun 2015
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More