- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lb boneless pork loin, cut into 2x1/2-inch strips
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 medium carrots, sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- cooked white rice
- In a small bowl combine cumin, salt and pepper. Add pork; toss to coat.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add the pork and garlic.
- Sauté for 2 minutes or until browned.
- In a small bowl blend the broth, orange juice, vinegar, and brown sugar.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the broth mixture.
- Pour all but the reserved broth mixture into the skillet with the pork and garlic.
- Add the carrots.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium. Cook 7-8 minutes.
- Wisk corn starch into reserved broth mixture. Stirring constantly, pour the corn starch mixture into the skillet to thicken the sauce. Add the green onions.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 more minute. Serve over white rice.
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More