- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lb boneless pork loin, cut into 2x1/2-inch strips
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 medium carrots, sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- cooked white rice
- In a small bowl combine cumin, salt and pepper. Add pork; toss to coat.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add the pork and garlic.
- Sauté for 2 minutes or until browned.
- In a small bowl blend the broth, orange juice, vinegar, and brown sugar.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the broth mixture.
- Pour all but the reserved broth mixture into the skillet with the pork and garlic.
- Add the carrots.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium. Cook 7-8 minutes.
- Wisk corn starch into reserved broth mixture. Stirring constantly, pour the corn starch mixture into the skillet to thicken the sauce. Add the green onions.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 more minute. Serve over white rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce